RIPARENT.COM is your free online resource for local parenting information, giveaways, and the most complete family fun events calendar. Plus, the Ultimate Parents Guide, which offers the fastest and easiest way to find the local services and products your family needs.
Our vision is a world where all children are fully supported and we work towards that by empowering and inspiring parents with the information they need to raise healthy, happy children.
RIPARENT.COM and the Ultimate Parents Guide are published by Gale Force Communications – a Rhode Island-based media and information company devoted to helping parents and families.
Making parents lives easier is the focus of our work. We want to be an oasis in your busy life – a place to celebrate growing up in Rhode Island and all of New England.
Doing good in the community
We take pride in helping our community, having worked with several organizations already, such as Jayce “The Healer” Foundation and the Tomaguaq Museum. Our kid’s event calendar is a community resource and you can submit items for open-to-the-public family events through our Calendar page.
We see local businesses as the lifeblood of our community so we also help by connecting them with parents and families who need their services and products. We offer advertising both on RIPARENT.COM and our super easy-to-use website, Ultimate Parents Guide.
Participate with us!
If you have expertise in an area of parenting, and you’d like to write for RIPARENT.COM, please contact us. In general, we accept submissions from those living in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, or Connecticut. We reserve the right to determine which articles will be published and all articles are edited. At this time, we do not pay for articles.
RIPARENT.COM was founded in July 2015 as Rhode Island Parent Magazine, by Founder and Publisher Susan Gale, owner of Gale Force Communications, who has more than 25 years of experience in journalism, non-profit development, marketing, and advertising. Reach Susan at email@example.com
Gale Force Communications would like to thank:
- The Center for Woman and Enterprise for their assistance in developing the original business plan to start the magazine.
- Ed Alves, of SCORE, for his excellent business plan and development mentoring.
- The Department of Labor and Training’s Self-Employment Assistance Program of Rhode Island (SEARI) for its initial investment in the magazine.
- Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) for its excellent Impact Accelerator program, which Susan completed in Spring 2017.
- The SEG Impact Accelerator cohort for their inspiration and support.
- Elias Safdie for being a fantastic business coach.
- Lisa Koulibaly for a being an exceptional and patient partner in all things.
Most of all, we’d like to thank you – our readers and advertisers – we wouldn’t be successful without you!